Moving house

london Home Movers

When you first think about moving house to new place everything seems so exciting. New surroundings, new neighbours, new feelings and so on. But when things are becoming more serious you often start to feel stressful, anxious, do not know where to start, whom to call, which stuff to put to which box. Finally, you need to find out who is going to move all your belongings.

First, you need to exchange your contract with the real estate agency and only then you can start notifying all the institutions that are need to be informed and, of course, all your relatives and friends. When you are moving house you need to call to these institutions and tell them about your removal.

  • HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). When you will call them they will update records about you income tax, national insurance, child benefit, child trust fund, student loan, tax credits. You need to contact HMRC even if you are already in the pension. When you will notify HMRC, they will give all the information to the Government Gateway and to the Pensions service.
  • If you are a full-time student and have taken the loan, you need to log onto your student account and to change you address to the new one that the student finance organisation would not think that you are avoiding your liabilities.
  • If you are getting one of the allowances: Employment and Support, Jobseeker’s, Income Support, Disability Living, Attendance, Care’s, Winter Fuel Payment, State Pension or Pension Credit, you need to contact Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
  • You also need to contact your local council and their Council’s Tax office that they could bill you correctly when you move. Especially you need to inform them if you are receiving Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit or Blue Badge parking permit.
  • You need not to forget to register your new address for voting. You can do this on the “About my vote” website.
  • If you are owning property, you need to make sure that Land Registry knows your newest contact details. This can be helpful to reduce any property frauds.
  • When you are moving house to new area you probably will need new family doctor, dentist or even new veterinarian for your pets. So do not forget to look for new professionals in your new area.
  • Utility providers, such as gas, electricity or water also need to know that you are changing you location.
  • There are a lot of other institutions that you need to inform before moving such as financial providers, television, internet or telephone providers etc. Also you need to be sure that your post will be redirected to the right address.
  • Finally, do not forget to inform you employer or at least human resources department.

There is a long list of institutions that you need to contact before moving. The best way not to forget no-one is to make the check list and to put “+” every time you contact any of these institutions. It will help you to be sure that everyone is informed and at the same time you will feel less stressful.

But do not forget one of the most important things – who is going to move all your stuff? Before choosing one or another removal company you should pay some time for search.  First, you should contact you relatives or friends who have recently moved. Maybe they can recommend the company that they have hired. If you do not anyone who could give you the recommendation, than make a list of removal companies according to internet search (for example, or in the business directories. Then, when you have the list, try to find as much as possible information about all of them. You can try browsing review pages, forums and so on.

Moving house is not simple process but everyone few times per life have to experience that. If you are not confident that you can do everything on yourself – contact professional removal companies. InBox Removals would be happy to help you with you moving.